NYS Licensed Mold Assessor Responsibilities
Finding mold in your home or place of work can leave you asking yourself many questions, among the first is “who do I call?”. Many business or homeowners find themselves going online for help and even after help from Google may have questions about the new legalities revolving mold assessment, inspection, and remediation that went into place on January 1st, 2016. These new laws help to further establish responsibilities of NYS Licensed Mold Assessors as well as NYS Licensed Remediation Contractors and protect consumers. For more information on the law, check out our blog post-New York State Mold Bill January 1, 2016
HNST Mold Inspections holds an NYS Assessors license, and if you’ve found mold in your home or place of work, you are probably wondering what that means. Read on for more information on what our NYS Assessors responsibilities are.
Responsibilities of an NYS Licensed Mold Assessor:
- Identify sources/causes of presence of water/moisture
- Assess the affected area for size utilizing proper equipment
- Consider hidden mold possibility
- Investigate areas of complaint
- Make note of type of water damage
- Check air ducts and units
- Create remediation work plan for client/contractor
- Ensure remediation plan is carried out
- Conduct final clearance testing and assess conditions for occupancy after remediation is completed
All in all, when you find mold in your home or place of work, the steps to remediation can be confusing. Our NYS Licensed Mold Assessor is happy to help and guide you through this process, just give us a call today at (845) 215-9258.