Employers need to act quickly if they find or suspect mold is in their building. Step one is calling a professional mold inspector to perform a mold investigation or inspection. Being responsible for serious health issues is not something to take lightly, and the consequences of hazardous mold exposure can be quite serious.
- Rely on a property or building management personnel to identify any issues that can lead to mold including leaking pipes, areas of moisture, etc.
- Keep up with plumbing maintenance and repairs
- Keep up with ventilation system maintenance and repair
- Be aware of employees complaining of common mold exposure symptoms such as extreme fatigue, allergies, respiratory complaints, headaches, etc that only occur in the office environment
- Call in a Mold Inspector if necessary
If you own a building or property where people work, you won’t keep them safe. In fact, there are even certain requirements by law that need to be met in order to provide a certain code or safety standard requiring it to be free of mold. Therefore, if you see or suspect a mold issue in your building it is important to act now. Call us in New York at (845) 215-9258 or in New Jersey at (201) 733-0091.